jueves, 9 de febrero de 2012

Interviewing a Graphic Designer!

So after giving my opinion and researching a bit of what graphic design is...I interviewed a friend, graduated from URBE, great graphic desinger, right now working on a magazine, the best part of design for him is digital design, editorial design, illustration; his name is Victor Rosales, he has been graduated since 2010. This is what he said:

1. Could you please define Graphic Design in your own words?
     Grafic Design to me, is to program, project, coordinate, select and organize a serie of elements to produce visual objects and comunicate specific messages to people.

2. What influenced you to pursue graphic design?
     As a kid I felt the need to trasmit to people what I felt and show my experiences with my paintings and drawings.

3. Could you please describe the educational process required to become an graphic designer?
     I had to learn the process on how to draw with tecnique and manage composition laws of design to become a good graphic designer with arguement and knowledge.

4. What are the skills you need to be a good graphic designer?
      I think the most important thing to be a good graphic designer is to have creativity, a lot of people say to themselves " they must be very good drawing"; some are born with the skill of how to draw, but you get to learn it and practice it and you can develop that skill. It's also important to have aesthetic appreciation, imagination and originality, to make new projects, creative and valuable. You also have to have a critical sense to make decisions, analize, explain and argue everything you do. 

5. What job considerations were you looking for after you completed your education?
     Since I've been graduated I've had the opotunity to work with 2 regional magazines; this is where I got to learn and like the editorial design. I learnt to work with others and get my professional experience. I am also a freelancer and have my clients.

6. What's something of your school life that you enjoy the most?
     Being in a school where art was present through all the year; with all kind of shows, presentations; you had the liberty to think freely and express yourself with the activities.

7. from your perspective, what is the most difficult part of being an graphic designer student?
     The most dificult part of being a graphic designer is to have to convince your client that the price that your giving to your art is just. That the client needs to understand that a good design is a good investment he's not just spending money.

8. What are your plans for the future?
     To have my own company and/or products where I could promote or sell a good image and design in my country or other countries.

9. Point out your most personally gratifying moment in graphic designer school.
     There were many moments of joy when I showed my projects and designs to teachers and classmates and they complimented my work;  but I have to say the biggest gratifying moment for me was when I finished my thesis and all of my teachers evaluate and congratulate me with honors.

10. Why would you recommend graphic designer as a career?
     First I would recomemend it to people that have qualities, heart, analytic and creativity since the main idea of graphic desing is to transmit ideas, or a message clearly, and directly so that anyone can understand. 

                            This is Victor! he's a very good graphic designer, and a good friend too! 









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario